Tuesday 27 March 2012

Vuvox: Not enough streetcars

In today's class, we made Vuvox presentations. A Vuvox is sort of like the ultimate slideshow. You cna throw in pictures, text, audio and even videos. It's really easy to use, and you can add crazy angles to your stuff.

I took my Flickr pictures and some audio I recorded for my previous videos. I tried to embed previous YouTube videos, but it wouldn't work.

Here's what I came up with. You have to click to open it, otherwise you embed it and it auto-plays (weird, right?):


I wasn't a fan of Vuvox. To be frank, it has a clunky layout, a lack of customization and no ability to save before finishing. The images you upload turn out pixelized. While there's value to a free, easy-to-use video editing program what's web-based, I'd rather spend the time learning much more complicated programs that give you quality results, like Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.

No comments:

Post a Comment